What you should do BEFORE connecting to Newbury's Network:
1. Make sure your computer has anti-virus software on it and it has been updated on a regular basis.
- If you do not have anti-virus software on your computer or it is not up to date please download the free version of Microsoft Security Essentials here.
- If you need help loading Microsoft Security Essentials, please visit the Newbury Help Desk in the ground floor of the Academic Center. They can assist you in installing a copy of the anti-virus software.
- If you are not sure or have not done this please visit the Help Desk in the ground floor of the Academic Center. They will assist you in making sure your computer's operating system is up to date with all critical updates.
NOTE: If your computer is not safe - and you connect to our network - you run the risk of infecting your computer and the campus network - so please take the time to follow the directions below or ask for assistance.
Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus downloadhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
From Microsoft's Website:
Use Microsoft Security Essentials to guard against viruses, spyware, and other evil software. It provides real-time protection for your home or small business PCs.
Microsoft Security Essentials is free* and we designed it to be simple to install and easy to use. It runs quietly and efficiently in the background so you don't have to worry about interruptions or making updates.
* Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
If your computer has up to date anti-virus software on it AND its operating system is up to date you may begin following the directions located in the Connecting to WiFi Guide by downloading the instructions.
Connecting to Newbury College Wifi
Newbury College wifi is available anywhere on campus. To connect to the Network Select Newbury-College1, Newbury-College2, Newbury-College3 from the Networks drop down then put in the password for the wifi. The password for the wifi is given to all students along with other information found in the folder given to all students on orientation day.Please refer to this to find the password for the wifi.