WHAT IS MALWARE?
Malware: short for malicious software. According to Wikipedia, malware is "is software designed to secretly access a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code.
Software is considered to be malware based on the perceived intent of the creator rather than any particular features. Malware includescomputer viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, dishonest adware, scareware, crimeware, most rootkits, and other malicious and unwanted software or programs.
Malware is not the same as defective software, that is, software that has a legitimate purpose but contains harmful bugs. Sometimes, malware is disguised as genuine software, and may come from an official site."
(To read more visit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware)
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS
HOW TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED ?
A computer virus is a small software program that spreads from one computer to another computer and that interferes with computer operation. Computer viruses are usually spread by attachments in e-mail messages or by instant messaging messages.
If you suspect that your computer is infected with a computer virus, the virus can be removed by running a free software download. The following symptoms will indicate whether your computer is infected with virus:
- Computer runs slower than usual.
- Computer stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
- Unusual messages displays on your monitor.
- Computer crashes, and then it restarts.
- Applications on the computer do not work correctly.
- Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
- You cannot print items correctly.
- You see distorted menus and dialog boxes.
- Unusual sounds or music played at random times.
- Your system has less available memory than usual.
- A disk or volume name has changed.
- Programs or files are suddenly missing.
- Unknown programs or files are created.
- An antivirus program is disabled for no reason.
- An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run.