2017 - 2018 Student Leadership TimelineBe sure to check the important dates for each position.
- Application Live: Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017 8:00 PM
- Recommendation Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017 8:00 PM
- Individual Interviews held Wednesday, March 22, 2017 and Thursday, March 23, 2017.
- Group Process Interview Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM or Friday, March 17, 2017 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM .
- Application Decisions Friday, April 7, 2017
Application EligibilityEach applicant must meet three basic requirements to be considered for employment
- minimum 2.5 G.P.A (2.75 for Admissions Ambassador)
- good academic standing
- good judicial standing
- full-time student (minimum 12 credits)
- Written Application
- Individual Interview
- Group Process Interview
Written ApplicationAll interested students should submit a written application by the deadline. This application consists of demographic questions (about you) and some short answer essay questions. Applicants should read the questions carefully before writing their response. While there is no minimum length for the essay responses, applicants are encouraged to write enough to completely answer the questions. Grammar and spelling is also taken into account when applications are reviewed.
- Review the questions carefully
- Ensure all questions have been answered
- Take your time and review your answers
- Ensure proper grammar and spelling
- Submit by the deadline
Individual InterviewsWritten applications will be reviewed and screened by the Division of Student Affairs staff. Invitations for an individual interview with a professional will then be sent out to applicants. Interviews will last 30-45 minutes and will occur on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 and Thursday, March 23, 2017.
- Arrive 10 minutes early
- Professional interview attire
- Be prepared
- Seek help from the Newbury College Career Services and Internship Placement Center
Group ProcessApplicants will be invited to participate in the Group Process Interview. Group Process is an opportunity for applicants to show their skills. Applicants will be divided into groups and will participate in several activities that will explore skill such as team work, decision making, and leadership. Applicants will be invited to participate in a Group Process interview on Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM or Friday, March 17, 2017 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM .
Group Process Tips
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early
- Casual comfortable attire (you might have to move around)
- Be yourself
- Have fun