Summer Family Orientation 2017
When a child heads off to college, it marks a turning point in the life of the family as well. Understanding your own transition is important. At Newbury College, our Family Orientation program acquaints you with the many resources and support services available to the student and family during this important and exciting time.
Families are encouraged to attend one of our Family Orientation sessions:
- Session One: June 17 (First Year)
- Session Two: June 20 (First Year)
- Session Three: August 3 (Transfer)
* Guests are unable to attend the Student program alongside the Newbury student.
While the Family Orientation program runs parallel to the First Year Student Orientation, it is a separate one-day program specifically designed to assist parents and families of new students in their transition to Newbury College.
Our Family Orientation offers an array of presentations and discussions. Topics include:
- The Life of a Newbury College Student
- Campus involvement
- Student transition: the role of the family
- Student financial assistance
- Academics 101: Differences between high school and college