The application process at Newbury College is highly personalized and we take the time to get to know you as an individual. Our admissions staff is committed to developing a clear understanding of your accomplishments and achievements inside and outside of the classroom. We have rolling admission beginning November 1, 2015. If you have any questions, please contact us.
1. Fill out and submit a completed application. You can apply through one of the following options. Newbury College gives equal consideration to the Newbury application and Common Application.
- Apply online using the Newbury Online Application.
- Apply online using the Common Application.
- Apply using the paper Common Application.
3. Two letters of recommendation - one from a guidance counselor and the other to be filled out by an English, Math, History, Science, or Foreign Language instructor. Transfer students should provide one from an academic advisor and the other recommendation by a professor.
4. Transcripts - all applicants must submit their high school transcript and transfer students must submit all college transcript(s) as well. All transcripts must be official copies.
5. SAT/ACT scores are optional. Students may submit scores if they believe the results present a fuller picture of their achievements and potential. Students who do not submit scores will not be at any disadvantage in the admission process, unless they wish to qualify for our Presidential Scholarship.
6. Interviews are not required but strongly encouraged especially for students attempting to qualify for our additional scholarships.
7. Documents may be mailed to: Newbury College, Office of Admission, 129 Fisher Avenue, Brookline, MA 02445 or faxed to (617) 731-9618.
International Students must also submit: an official TOEFL score. A minimum score of 71 (internet-based exam); 197 (computer-based exam); or a 527- 530 (paper-based exam) is required. For the IELTS, a minimum 5.5 band score is required.
*If an international student is accepted, (s)he must also submit several other forms. Please see our section on Enrolling as an International Student for more information.