The application process at Newbury College is highly personalized, and we take the time to get to know you as an individual. Our admissions staff is committed to developing a clear understanding of your accomplishments and achievements inside and outside of the classroom. If you have any questions, please contact us.
All applicants are automatically considered for merit scholarships.
Required Application Materials:
1. Your Application: You can apply through either the Common Application or the Newbury Online Application. Newbury College gives equal consideration to both options.
2. A Writing Sample (minimum 250 words)
3. A Letter of Recommendation
4. Official Transcripts: All applicants must submit their high school transcripts, and transfer students must submit all college transcripts as well. All transcripts must be official copies.
5. Official SAT/ACT scores (optional): Students may submit scores if they believe the results present a fuller picture of their achievements and potential. Students who do not submit scores will not be at any disadvantage in the admission process, unless they wish to qualify for our Presidential or Trustee Scholarships.
Documents may be mailed to: Newbury College, Office of Admissions, 129 Fisher Avenue, Brookline, MA 02445, faxed to 617-731-9618, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International students must also submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score. A minimum TOEFL score of 71 (internet-based exam), 197 (computer-based exam). or a 527-530 (paper-based exam) is required. A minimum IETLS band score of 5.5 is required.
If an international student is accepted and chooses to enroll at Newbury College, (s)he must also submit several other forms. Please see our section on Enrolling as an International Student for more information.