Newbury College values in the importance of experiential education. The goal of all internships at the College is to provide the student with an opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to career-related work experience. Through their internship, students will gain practical experience and facilitate their development as professionals.
All baccalaureate degree candidates, after completing 60 credits, are required to participate in a 150-hour internship experience directly related to their major course of study. This placement is paired with an online course. Two internships are required for bachelor’s students in the Culinary Management and Hotel Administration programs - one after completing 30 credits and the second after 60. Associate degree students in Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry must complete one 300-hour internship, including an online course component, after earning 30 credits.
To be eligible for internship placement, a student must have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and have earned the appropriate credits.
Students are guided through a 3-step Internship Placement Process and have access to numerous resources to assist them in securing an internship.
Newbury College Interns Make it. Matter
Selected intern profiles...
- Criminal Justice | Michaela McGowan, Nashua NH Police Department
- Graphic Design | Jessica Jellison, The Fenway Group -and- Huixian Li, Pepper Gang
- Hotel, Restaurant, and Service Management | Abbey Shannon, JS Moran Special Events and Management
- International Business Management | Patrice Jean-Baptiste, ROLA Languages
- Psychology | Adeline Antoniou, Community Resources for Justice at McGrath Halfway House
- Sport Management | Ethan Forrest, South Shore Baseball Club